Erectile Dysfunction Doctor in Marietta, GA
Helping Men Overcome Sexual Dysfunction
If you are experiencing problems achieving or sustaining an erection, board-certified urologist Dr. Nikolas Symbas can help. Dr. Symbas has been treating hundreds of men with ED for years at his office in Marietta. Dr. Symbas combines his extensive experience with a compassionate approach to care.
As one of Marietta's leading urologists, Dr. Symbas has the training and expertise needed to effectively treat ED. We understand how stressful and difficult erectile dysfunction can be. Our supportive staff and state-of-the-art ED treatment methods are here to help men regain a healthy and enjoyable sex life. Dr. Symbas specializes in the testing and treatment of erectile dysfunction for men in and around Woodstock, Roswell, Alpharetta, and Kennesaw, to schedule a consultation at our urology clinic in Marietta, GA, please call (770) 428-4475 today!
At what age does erectile dysfunction affect men?
Erectile dysfunction can affect men of any age but is more common as men get older. In younger men, psychological issues are often the cause of ED. In older men, ED more frequently has an underlying physical cause, such as diseases like heart disease or diabetes.
Do all men experience erectile dysfunction as they get older?
Erectile dysfunction does not have to happen as you age. Some older men can only achieve an erection with extra stimulation, but they should still be able to have a satisfying sex life.
Can I prevent erectile dysfunction?
Erections depend upon strong blood flow to the penis, so activities that reduce your risk of heart disease may also prevent or improve your erectile dysfunction. This includes:
- exercising at least 150 minutes a week
- maintaining a healthy weight
- giving up smoking
- drinking less (or no) alcohol
- monitoring your cholesterol level and blood pressure, and obtaining treatment, as needed.
Reach out to Dr. Symbas to learn more about your ED treatment options today, and consider penile implant surgery.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile Dysfunction: It’s common, and it’s treatable.
If you are dealing with erectile dysfunction (ED), you are not alone: nearly one in every four men over sixty-five will experience some degree of erectile dysfunction.1 Younger men often struggle with ED as well. By taking the time to educate yourself about ED, you’ve made an important first step in finding a solution to erectile dysfunction (impotence).
Erectile Dysfunction is the consistent inability to sustain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse.
Erectile Dysfunction can be:
- A total inability to achieve an erection – You can never get an erection.
- An inconsistent ability to do so – You can only occasionally get an erection.
- A tendency to sustain only brief erections – You can get an erection, but can’t keep it long enough for satisfying sex.
What Causes ED?
As a result of recent medical research, it is now known that more than 80% of men suffering from ED can trace its origin to a physical problem or disorder.
For most men, the cause of ED can now be fairly easily identified. Once identified, proper treatment can be recommended that may help you return them to a satisfying sex life.
ED can be caused by physical disorders such as:
- An injury (i.e. brain or spinal cord)
- A disease (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol)
- Various studies have estimated that between 20% – 71% of individuals with diabetes suffer from erectile dysfunction.2
- An operation (i.e. prostate gland removal)
- Substance use (i.e. tobacco, drugs, alcohol or medications)
Other facts about Erectile Dysfunction (Impotence):
- Approximately 30 million American men suffer from erectile dysfunction.
- Most men with erectile dysfunction still have the ability to have an orgasm and father a child, but often have difficulty doing these things because they can’t get or sustain an erection.
- Erectile dysfunction is not normal and is by no means an inevitable consequence of aging.
- Most men at one time or another during their sexual lives are unable to get or keep an erection. This is normal and does not indicate a problem. However, millions of men of all ages experience this inability as a continuing problem.
- In most cases, erectile dysfunction can be overcome.
- Rosen R, et al. The process of care model for evaluation and treatment of erectile dysfunction. Int’l J. Impotence Research. 1999; 11, 59-74,
- Penson D, et al. Erectile Dysfunction in Diabetic Patients. Diabetes Spectrum. 2004, Vol 17, No. 4, 225-230.
Schedule an ED Consultation in Marietta, GA Today!
If you are experiencing symptoms of ED and are located in Woodstock, Roswell, Alpharetta, and Kennesaw, contact board-certified urologist Dr. Nikolas Symbas to learn more about the cause of your ED and the treatment available. To schedule a consultation at our urology clinic in Marietta, GA please call (770) 428-4475 or request an appointment through our secure online form.Request an Appointment